This is a list of current development priorities. Although pretty much the entire game is planned out, I try to keep this list to only a few releases ahead instead of the entire thing. I currently aim for three releases a year (one each four months). URR is currently (finally!) transitioning out of worldbuilding and into gameplay. Objectives with a strike-through are completed.
0.8, October 2015:
– Early NPC implementation!
– NPC schedules, occupations, movement and pathfinding.
– Important NPCs are abstracted out, tracked, and spawn correctly.
– Conversations – greetings, rumours, questions, information.
– NPC look-up information, clothing, appearance, etc.
– Face generation for NPCs, 10m+ possibilities.
– Upgraded/optimized timing/scheduling system.
– Reworking, improving, and developing of family trees.
– Succession laws, ranks, titles, dynasties, etc.
– Improvements to city districts, civilization variation, etc.
– Reworking of civilization policies and stronger integration with cities.
– Castle generation?
0.9, December 2015:
– Procedural generation of coinage & exchange rates.
– Ability to buy/sell in white markets in cities & towns.
– Generation of black markets in hidden locations.
– Bartering between types of items in black markets.
– Ability to interact with nomadic caravans & mountain passes.
– Ability to use trade lanes to travel across the ocean.
– Implementation of financial city-travel strategy layer.