This is a list of current development priorities. Although much more of the game is planned than is shown here, I don’t know the order of developments beyond 0.7, which is why those haven’t been written up yet. I currently aim for three releases a year (one each four months). Objectives with a strike-through are completed.
0.5, April 2014:
- Enlarged world map, improved world map data storage.
- History Generation –
rulers, families, wars, feuds, alliances, etc.
- Myth & Legend generation –
deities, beliefs, heroes, monsters, etc.
- City Exteriors – cities show up on map, city walls can be accessed.
Civilization generation – policies, governments, etc.
- More varied flag/religious symbol generation, and coats of arms.
- All policy choice icons and gameplay effect details.
- Updated start/load screen with player/world information.
- Implementation of encyclopedia and first few categories.
- Generation of roads.
0.6, August 2014:
- Improved World Gen – swamps, plateaus, salt flats, redo polar biome.
- Town and village generation – farms, houses, roads, other buildings.
- Walls & castles/forts for towns.
- Procedurally generated architectural styles.
- City interior generation – districts, markets, gates, etc.
- Roads & bridges shown on map generate at the human scale.
- Town/village building interior generation.
- Generation of important city buildings interiors.
- All interior objects generated with procedural graphics.
- Improvement of door/stair mechanics and ladder implementation.
- Optimized loading for interiors & buildings with multiple floors.
- Upgraded/optimized timing/scheduling system.
- Early NPC implementation in villages and city districts.
- NPC schedules, occupations, movement and pathfinding.
- Conversations – greetings, rumours, questions, information.
- NPC look-up information, clothing, appearance, etc.
- Procedural generation of coinage & exchange rates.
- Ability to buy/sell in white markets in cities & towns.
- Generation of black markets in hidden locations.
- Bartering between types of items in black markets.