This is a list of current development priorities. Although much more of the game is planned than is shown here, I don’t know the order of developments beyond 0.7, which is why those haven’t been written up yet. I currently aim for three releases a year (one each four months). Objectives with a strike-through are completed.
0.6, July/August 2014:
- Generation of all city districts – docks, markets, housing, military, etc.
- Town generation – farms, houses,
roads, other buildings.
- Nomadic Fortress generation – walls, buildings (and caravans?)
- Hunter-gatherer Settlement generation.
- Farms, slums and graveyards all generate.
- Improved World Gen – swamps, redo polar biome.
- Procedurally generated architectural styles.
Roads & bridges shown on map generate at the human scale.
- Town/village building interior generation.
- Generation of important city buildings interiors.
- All interior objects generated with procedural graphics.
- Improvement of door/stair mechanics and ladder implementation.
- Optimized loading for interiors & buildings with multiple floors.
- Upgraded/optimized timing/scheduling system.
- Early NPC implementation in villages and city districts.
- NPC schedules, occupations, movement and pathfinding.
- Conversations – greetings, rumours, questions, information.
- NPC look-up information, clothing, appearance, etc.
- Procedural generation of coinage & exchange rates.
- Ability to buy/sell in white markets in cities & towns.
- Generation of black markets in hidden locations.
- Bartering between types of items in black markets.