This is a list of current development priorities. Although pretty much the entire game is planned out, I try to keep this list to only a few releases ahead instead of the entire thing. I currently aim for three releases a year (one each four months). URR is currently in full-time development for a year until the end of 2015. Objectives with a strike-through are completed.
0.7, March/April 2015:
- Town/village building interior generation.
- Generation of important city buildings interiors.
- Hunter-gatherer house/building interiors.
- Fortress interiors (houses, barracks, castles, etc)
- All interior objects generated with procedural graphics.
- Improvement of door/stair mechanics and ladder implementation.
- Key generation & door/key database.
- Optimized loading for interiors and buildings with multiple floors.
- Major reduction in save/load times.
0.8, August 2015:
- Early NPC implementation!
- NPC schedules, occupations, movement and pathfinding.
- Conversations – greetings, rumours, questions, information.
- NPC look-up information, clothing, appearance, etc.
- Face generation for NPCs, 10m+ possibilities.
- Upgraded/optimized timing/scheduling system.
- Reworking, improving, and developing of family trees.
- Succession laws, ranks, titles, etc.
- Improvements to city districts, civilization variation, etc.
- Reworking of civilization policies and stronger integration with cities.
- Castle generation.
0.9, October 2015:
- Procedural generation of coinage & exchange rates.
- Ability to buy/sell in white markets in cities & towns.
- Generation of black markets in hidden locations.
- Bartering between types of items in black markets.
- Ability to interact with nomadic caravans & mountain passes.
- Ability to use trade lanes to travel across the ocean.
- Implementation of financial city-travel strategy layer.
0.10, January 2016 (?):
- Procedural generation of all weapon graphics.
- Procedural generation of all armour graphics.
- All weapor/armour graphics generated along distinct “styles” for every civilization, and variation within that for feudal/nomadic/hunter-gatherer nations.
- Implementation of Dark-Souls-esque combat mechanics.
- Full implementation of health, death, corpses, player death, etc.